Thursday

Work Without Purpose or Passion

Several years ago a I ran a series of workshop for executives in a recently re-organized FORTUNE 500 company. The good news was: they all still had jobs. The bad news was: most of them didn't like their new positions.

My role was helping the executives deal with the organizational changes and re-engage with their work. I'll never forget the blank stares when I asked them "What do you really want to do?" Some folks responded, "I'm a father with a lot of responsibilities, I can't think about what I want to do." Some said, "I knew once, but I forgot."

Too many executives are trapped by their obligations and their paychecks. Their goal is money, and their lives are unfulfilling. Purpose and passion are a faint memory, a luxury of the young.

Want to awaken your zest for life and lead from the heart? Ask yourself, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

No comments: